Clark-Stockade House archive

Originally built in 1659, the Clark-Stockade House was the first house in Milford built outside the stockade fence that protected the Colonists from attacks by Native Americans. In 1780, the house was dismantled and rebuilt on a larger scale, though using some of the original 1659 wooden beams.
In the early 20th century, the Clark-Stockade House became¬†Milford’s first public hospital.